Why not try out this great tasting Vegan Pizza which can serve 2 and only takes 40 minutes to make!
- 1tsp yeast
- 15fl oz lukewarm water
- 1tsp sugar
- 650g wholemeal flour
- Pinch salt
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 large onion
- 1 medium courgette, sliced
- 6 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 6 black olives, halved
- handful fresh rocket
- handful fresh basil
- vegan parmesan, shaved
- Mix the water, sugar and yeast together in a small glass bowl, stirring well.
- Leave the yeast to dissolve.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour and salt together, then make a well in the middle.
- Pour the yeast mix into the well, then combine with a spoon, stirring until it forms a sticky dough.
- Sprinkle flour on a clean surface, then add the dough mix.
- Knead using a push/pull motion for five minutes, or until it’s easy to mould but not too sticky. Roll into a large ball.
- Wash and thoroughly dry the small bowl, then spray with a small amount of oil.
- Add the dough ball to the bowl, cover with a damp tea cloth and leave in a dark spot for about 45 minutes. The dough should be soft and springy to the touch when it’s ready.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees celsius/ gas mark 6
- Throw the dough onto a floured surface and roll with a rolling pin, taking care to vary direction and create a large round pizza base with no holes.
- Twist the pizza base at the edges
- Add the tomato puree to the centre of the pizza base, spreading out into a large circle
- Place the courgettes, onions, olives and tomatoes on top, and then cook the pizza in the oven for 10 minutes
- Sprinkle with fresh basil, rocket and vegan parmesan shavings and serve